2020 Seasonal Favorites! Including clean beauty must haves, cozy fashion finds, podcasts, articles, health & wellness items, & MORE!
Let’s talk some 2020 seasonal favorites!! I haven’t done a favorites post in SO long – since June actually – where the heck did that time go?! I’m a pretty avid blog reader, & favorites posts are always some of the most enjoyable posts to read, for me at least! I think you can find so many great new things/ideas from reading them, which is a huge reason why I love writing them too! It’s so much fun to think back to what I’ve been loving in so many different areas of life & share them here with all of you!
Below you’ll find podcast recommendations, links worth checking out, the coziest sherpa, details on my adorable cropped hoodie that I’m wearing in the photos, recipes worth trying, my daily smoothie recipe, & MORE!
- The Organic Skin Co. Black Lash Mascara – I love the separation & length it gives my lashes. Definitely not the best I’d say if you’re after volume, but I really love it & it’s non-toxic which is even more exciting! I’ve been using it since August & I’m a huge fan!
- Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel – This will 100% always be my top skincare recommendation. After struggling all of 2019 with really bad acne, I was able to improve my skin, my scarring, & the overall texture of my skin tremendously by incorporating this treatment every other night. It’s truly a game changer. Full post on this product coming soon!
- lilah b. Glisten & Glow Skin Illuminator – This formula is just dreamy. It will give you a subtle but stunning natural looking glow, which I don’t know who doesn’t want! The packaging is so lux & overall just a beautiful, clean, product.
- LÜK Beautifood Lip Nourish in Shade Nude Pink – I recently received this lipstick & was really impressed with the shade, formula, scent, & overall wear time. 100% natural formula too!
- Lululemon Sherpa – SO COZY…I’m seriously obsessed! And it has hidden pockets!
- Lululemon Fanny Pack – As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it! I originally wanted the black fanny pack, but I ended up getting the peach-toned one, & I ended up being really happy with it…I got a sports bra to match the color too! 🙂
- This stunning off-white beachy set from Showpo – You can see photos of me wearing this set in my 2020 Resolutions post, but wow do I love it! I think it might be one of my favorite things I’ve ever worn!
- Bleached Roots custom cropped hoodie – This is the hoodie that I’m wearing in these photos! I’m blown away with how cute it is & how perfect the cropped fit it! Plus Bleached Roots is a local New Hampshire brand, so I’m really happy to be showing some fellow NH ladies some love! If you want to grab your own custom sweatshirt, feel free to use the code Madi15 for 15% off!
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Garden of Life Whole Food Magnesium – Devin actually got me hooked on this Magnesium supplement & I seriously love it! I drink it first thing in the morning, before my spirulina smoothie, just mixed into 8 oz. of water! It has a nice flavor, it really seems to help regulate my bowel movements, helps with stress, & I even noticed improved energy levels!
- My go-to Spirulina Smoothie – I truly cannot recommend this smoothie enough! It’s incredible & has completely changed my morning routine! Not only it is delicious, but it follows proper food combining, & has SO many wonderful health benefits! You can check out the benefits & the smoothie recipe HERE!
- Moodbeli Cloud Powder with Hemp Extract – I’ve been really enjoying as of late, mixing a scoop or two of Moodbeli’s Cloud Powder, which is a dairy-free creamer, with a hint of broad spectrum & non-intoxicating hemp extract, in my chaga tea! It blends SO nicely! Follow this link for 20% off!
- Daily Harvest Smoothie Subscription – I received my first box of Daily Harvest in December & was instantly impressed with their smoothie flavors! If you’ve thought about trying Daily Harvest, stay tuned for my full review coming before the end of the month! In the meantime, feel free to use code MADIROWAN for $25 off your first box!
Beginning in November (I think), I started binge listening to The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast & it’s TRULY amazing. I’ve enjoyed every single episode I’ve listened to within the past 2.5 months…& believe me when I tell you that I’ve listened to a whole heck of a lot! Lauren & Micheal are husband & wife…Lauren is an incredible blogger who has been blogging for 10 years! They are HYSTERICAL together, give great recommendations, have great guests on the show, & just provide such diversified value which I can so appreciate! Like I said, I’ve listened to a ton, but below are 5 episodes that I’ve really enjoyed!
- ED MYLETT – How to achieve your goals, enjoy success, strive for more, & hold yourself accountable (episode #238)
- SOPHIA AMORUSO – #Girlboss, NastyGal, & serial entrepreneur on how to build yourself back up after a set back & persevere! (episode #225)
- GABBY BERNSTEIN – On overcoming depression, anxiety, & how to handle postpartum (episode #227)
- RACHEL HOLLIS – Prioritizing time & maximizing results, childhood trauma, work/life balance, mommy shaming, how to say no, & the adoption process (episode #129)
- DR. STEVEN GUNDRY – Are vegetables bad? The Plant Paradox, gluten or no gluten?, & diet (episode #163)
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew – Delicious dinner, especially during the winter months! Full of warming spices, gluten free & vegan!
- Brownie Trifle – I made this for the holidays & it was amazing!
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip – Spinach artichoke dip has always been a favorite of mine, but I haven’t had it in years! But thanks to this insanely delicious recipe, I no longer have to miss out on my favorite dip! It’s TOO good, you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful!
- The Bachelor – A new Bachelor season began airing last Monday. In case you didn’t know, I’m a Bachelor franchise fanatic. I seriously love it. The season premiere was SO good! I CANNOT wait to see how Peter’s (the current Bachelor) season turns out – I have a few theories & I HOPE they’re right!! AH! If you watch, comment your thoughts below – I want to hear!!
A FEW LINKS WORTH CHECKING OUT
- 50 Badass Women Changing The World In 2020 -Beautycounter’s CEO/Founder made the list!!
- Multiple Young Girls Received Chemical Burns From a Face Mask – Yes, you heard that correctly! Just another reason why educating yourself on clean beauty MATTERS!
- Affordable Chic Jewelry – Big fan of Mejuri!! I wear their dainty stacked pearl hoops all the time!
- Things I’m Afraid to Tell You by Damsel in Dior – I’ve followed Jacey for years & LOVED this post of hers! So real, so vulnerable, & so beautifully put!
BLOG POSTS TO CATCH UP ON
- MY 2020 RESOLUTIONS
- 5 HEALTHY & ATTAINABLE HABITS FOR 2020
- 5 WAYS TO CULTIVATE STRONG HABITS
- 2019 BEST OF BEAUTY
- 20 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR A HEALTHIER YOU
There you have it! My seasonal favorites for Winter 2020! If you want to check out more favorites posts of mine, you can do so here & here! Do you have any seasonal favorites of the moment? I’d love to hear in the comments below!