Current Favorites – Here’s What I’ve Been Loving Lately! Sharing my current favorites for winter fashion, beauty, hair, health & wellness, podcasts, & more!
Hi everyone! I know I’ve been on a roll with the posts lately…usually two posts within two days doesn’t happen! Today I wanted to share a little roundup of things that I’ve been loving lately in a variety of categories. I’ll be sharing current favorites in relation to clothes, makeup & hair products, health & wellness items, books, podcasts, YouTube channels, & TV Shows! I personally like seeing posts or videos like this so maybe this will become a reoccurring topic on the blog! Let’s get into it!
What I’ve Been Loving Lately
I was recently introduced to a brand that I’ve never heard of before called Chicwish. They were kind enough to send me three beautiful pieces from their site. I chose the Show Me More Stripes Turtleneck Sweater, Feeling of Warmth Faux Fur Longline Coat, & the Soft Parade Ribbed Batwing Sleeves Sweater.
Being that it’s still extremely cold in Canada, I’m no where near the point of transitioning to warmer clothes. I need all of the warmth I can get, so I chose items that appeared to be really warm & cozy! All three pieces I received from Chicwish are beautiful. The sweaters are so nicely made, so warm, & pretty much spot on when it comes to sizing. I got a S/M in both of the sweaters. In the photos, I am wearing their Show Me More Stripes Turtleneck Sweater which is unfortunately sold out but I’ll leave a link below to browse more Chicwish sweater options! They really have some great items! I also used my styling trick that I mentioned in my Winter Sweaters Under $75 post to make the oversized sweater into more of a cropped look!
I’m also wearing (& LOVING) the Faux Fur coat they sent me. It’s SO lush & cozy. I’ve been wanting a faux fur coat, so I was thrilled to get my hands on this. I got the coat in a large because I didn’t want to feel restricted if I wore a big chunky sweater under it, but I probably would have been fine getting a medium. Either way, I love it. I chose black because I thought it’d be the most wearable, but it also comes in a beautiful mauve, a sand shade, & grey.
- RenPure Replenishing Treatment Mist – A great coconut water mist with clean ingredients. I like to use it when I wear my hair naturally curly. It adds in moisture & gives a nice beachy texture!
- Lawless “Cameron” – The best nude liquid lip, I’ve been wearing it non-stop!
- Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant in Rose & Vanilla – My favorite scent! This brand is still my go-to for natural deodorant!
- Shea Moisture Heat Protect Oil Serum – This clean oil will protect your hair from heat damage & adds a bit of natural shine! The oil isn’t too heavy either, which I like a lot.
- Essie “Clothing Optional” – A natural sienna brown that provides a glossy finish…definitely one of my favorite nail polishes at the moment!
- Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo – Although it’s a more natural formula…it’s not completely clean…but it is one of my all-time favorite dry shampoos!
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – Such a great bronzer for an even better price! Has an amazing fragrance to it as well!
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Navitas Organics Cacao Powder – Such a fantastic superfood! I love adding this powder into oatmeal with a drizzle of maple syrup! Be sure to check out my recipe for raw cacao truffles!
- Sunwarrior Natural Warrior Blend – I’ve been trying this recently & I actually really like it…especially because the ingredients are very clean!
- Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry – One of my favorite Vital Proteins blends. It’s exceptional & contains probiotics & hyaluronic acid…which is yet another reason to love it!
- Om Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder – I love adding this to oatmeal & smoothies…it has a subtle taste on it’s own, but you can’t really taste it when it’s mixed in something! Adaptogens have been my latest obsession lately, I think they really can make a difference in stress management & energy levels, so I add them whenever I can!
- NOW Essential Oils Peaceful Sleep – One of my favorite blends…I love adding a few drops into my diffuser to help me wind down at night!
- Navitas Organics Maca Powder – Another great adaptogen & plant based superfood!
- Electric Tea Kettle – I have had my electric kettle for years & I use it almost every day. It saves so much time if you are a tea lover or enjoy making your own lattes…stay tuned later this week for a latte recipe!
- Workin’ Moms – I’m the furthest thing from a working mom, LOL, but this show is hysterical…I’m sure all women could relate to it one way or another! The storylines are easy to follow & the characters are extremely likable.
- Schitts Creek – So lighthearted & really just makes me laugh. The actors are great.
- Animal Kingdom – Devin & I just finished Season 3 & we are beyond obsessed, we said it might be our favorite show…ever! Such a good storyline…every episode hooks you…but it’s not for the faint of heart! It’s crime/drama based & extremely suspenseful!
- The Bachelor – You either love it or hate it! I personally love it & really like Colton as the Bachelor!
- @WeHeardWhat?! – Diet is a Dirty Word with Melissa Wood Health– Danielle, founder of @WeWoreWhat discusses how Melissa’s healthy habits has transformed her life, workouts, mentality, & more!
- Beyond Influential –Tapping into Your Passion & Staying Unfiltered in an Instagram World– Another good one with Melissa Wood Health…I’m obsessed with her!!
- The New Age – Living Sober Curious with Lee from America – Heavy topics discussed but I’d highly recommend… especially if you are a Lee From America fan!
- Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe – Colton Underwood – Lots of Bachelor talk, if you’re into it!
- What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey – I just finished this book & it was amazing. I literally wanted to underline something on every page. Highly highly recommend! This is the 2nd book I’ve read so far in 2019…my goal is to read 12! You can check out my 2019 Reading List for endless inspiration here!
- Jess Beautician – The best vegan recipe tutorials on YouTube in my opinion…her creativity (& recipes) are out of this world!
- Valeria Lipovetsky – I’ve been watching her channel for over a year & I love all of her content. Her look books especially are amazingly done.
- Tati– I don’t know why I never found Tati sooner, but I really enjoy her videos. Make up guru central, if you’re into that! I’ve already learned a lot & really appreciate her honesty when it comes to products!
Do you have any products or things that you are loving so far in 2019? I’d love to hear!