My go-to avocado toast recipe for the tastiest, nutrient-packed, vegan, & gluten free breakfast, lunch, or healthy snack option!
SUPER excited to share this recipe for the BEST avocado toast recipe that I have been beyond obsessed with for over a year now! I came up with this recipe while I was living in Canada & I swear, it hits the spot, every. single. time! Oh! And it’s naturally vegan, gluten free & full of nutrients, making it a healthy breakfast, snack, or even lunch option!
Not only is it this recipe delicious & full of healthy fats thanks to the avocado, but it actually has some hidden plant-based protein mixed in as well! The secret of this avocado toast recipe is that I actually like to mash chickpeas, straight from the jar, into the avocado mixture!
Guys! It’s a game changer!
Adding in the crushed chickpeas makes this little meal SO much more filling & nutritious! In case you don’t already know, chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) are packed with nutrients & are a great source of fiber, vitamins, & minerals. Plus the fact that I’m able to sneak in another form of plant-based protein isn’t a bad thing either!
Overall, this avocado toast is seriously my favorite. I, kid you not, could eat it every single day. And once you try it, complete with the toppings & seasoning added into the avocado-chickpea mixture, you’ll know why!!
Here’s What I Use To Make My Vegan Avocado Toast:
- 2 Organic Brown Rice Cakes
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 cup Organic Garbanzo Beans
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dulse Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Powder
Avocado Toast Toppings:
- Sir Kensington’s Vegan Mayo
- Braggs Nutritional Yeast
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (From Trader Joe’s)
- Open a jar of canned chickpeas, drain the liquid, rinse the chickpeas, & pour about 1/2 cup of the chickpeas into a shallow bowl.
- With the back of a fork, mash the chickpeas until they begin to break apart. I like to mash the chickpeas until all of the little peas are broken.
- Next, slice a ripe avocado into 2 halves. Scoop the flesh out of one half & store the remaining half for later.
- Add the avocado flesh to the bowl with the chickpeas, mash the avocado with the back of a fork, while also combining the two together.
- Now it’s time to season! Add in your Himalayan pink salt, black pepper, Dulse Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, & cayenne powder to taste! Combine well! (I go pretty generous with the seasoning!)
- Arrange your brown rice cakes on a plate or your preference of gluten free bread. The avocado mixture will make enough for two rice cakes, which is what I always have!
- Spread some vegan mayo on each rice cake before adding on a scoop of the chickpea/avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle some nutritional yeast & Everything But The Bagel Seasoning on top of the avocado mixture.
- And, ENJOY!!
- I prefer to use Organic Brown Rice Cakes instead of gluten free bread because for me, the more minimal the ingredients are, the better! Brown rice cakes have just two ingredients compared to the many ingredients found in gluten free bread!
- The Sir Kensington’s Vegan Mayo is optional, but I promise it’s SO GOOD. I was never a big fan of mayo, but wow, is this stuff incredible – highly recommend!! It goes so well with the avocado too!
There you have it! My go-to healthy vegan avocado “toast” recipe! I promise you’re going to be obsessed!
Not only are you getting some extra healthy fats & nutrients in, but it’s super quick & easy to throw together for a little snack or meal. If I’m having it for a meal, I like to add some homemade sweet potato fries, a little salad, or some sauerkraut along with it!
If you tried my Avocado Toast, or any other recipe on the blog, let me know if you enjoyed it by leaving a comment below!