This gluten free & vegan maple tahini dressing is the perfect finishing touch for any vegan buddha bowl, your favorite salad, or a bed of veggies!
Ever since I started cooking a few years back, I always LOVED making Devin & I buddha bowls, not only because they are super easy to make, but they are delicious & you seriously can’t mess them up! You add a bunch of nutritious things together in a bowl with a grain or over a bed of greens & it’s truly a complete meal! Today I’m sharing the tastiest maple tahini dressing perfect for any buddha bowl, salad, sautéed veggies, & more!
Buddha bowls are my favorite because they are such a hearty option for lunch or dinner, & they are SO easy to make ahead for meal prep later on in the week! Because who doesn’t love to save time in the kitchen! I know I do! If you’re unfamiliar with buddha bowls, they basically consist of a grain, greens, veggies, nuts or seeds, healthy fats, protein, & a dressing!
So let’s break down how to construct a Vegan Buddha Bowl:
- Choose a grain – brown rice, white rice, sushi rice, or quinoa
- Add in some veggies – onions, mushrooms, greens, sweet potatoes, squash, cucumbers, etc….the more the merrier!
- Don’t forget to add in a protein – nuts, chickpeas, mung beans, black beans, lentils, tempeh, edamame, tofu…to just name a few!
- Spruce it up with some nuts or seeds – sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans
- Choose a healthy fat – pour a little bit of olive oil over the bowl, add an avocado, walnuts, olives, or flaxseed
- Drizzle your bowl with a delicious dressing – Cue the Maple Tahini Dressing below!!!
For my vegan buddha bowl, I used an organic brown rice for the base of the bowl. I then sautéed a medley of asparagus, red onions, & crimini & shiitake mushrooms, in a little bit of avocado oil! I got the pre-cut veggies at Trader Joe’s & they were delicious! Then I added on some cooked, sprouted mung beans which are a fantastic source of plant based protein & are SO easy to make. They seriously take 15 minutes! Next, I thinly sliced half of a ripe avocado & sprinkled a little bit of hemp seeds on half of it! I then threw on some sunflower seeds before adding on the maple tahini dressing!
I’ve been obsessed with this tahini dressing for a few months now. It’s really delicious when you use it to massage kale or to dress a salad! It’s actually one of the only ways I can eat raw kale! For the dressing, I used Dastony’s Organic Tahini, which created the best consistency for the dressing because Dastony’s butters are SO smooth, due to them all being stone ground!
Maple Tahini Dressing
This Maple Tahini Dressing is the perfect finishing touch for any vegan buddha bowl, jam packed with flavor & nutrients!
- 1/4 cup Smooth Tahini
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, until everything is well combined!
Assemble your Buddha Bowl or favorite salad!
Drizzle the maple tahini dressing over the bowl & enjoy!
Store the remaining dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- After being in the fridge, the maple tahini dressing may thicken up. This is totally normal...just add a little more lemon juice or a tbsp of warm water & stir well!
- I used Dastony's Stone Ground Raw Tahini for this recipe
If you tried this Maple Tahini Dressing, or any other recipe on the blog, let me know if you enjoyed it by leaving a comment or rating below!