Switch your skincare & makeup products over to safer alternatives this year, starting with these 7 Beautycounter best sellers!
If you haven’t yet jumped on the clean beauty train – 2021 is definitely the year to do it! Although the United States is very far ahead in many areas of modern life, the beauty & personal care industry is one area where we are tremendously behind! There hasn’t been a billed passed regulating the industry in over 80 years, meaning products found on shelves today are severely under-regulated. This was one of the main reasons I wanted to lend my voice towards Beautycounter’s mission of getting safer products into the hands of everyone by becoming a consultant & today, I wanted to share 7 safer swaps, starting with some Beautycounter best sellers – definitely some of my personal favorites too!
Beautycounter is a movement, powered by people, towards better health & safety for all. At Beautycounter, that starts with products. The average woman uses about 30 products a day containing ingredients that are linked to a variety of health concerns including cancer, endocrine disruption, skin irritation, allergies, auto-immune conditions, infertility, & more. Our skin is our largest organ & being knowledgable about what we are putting on our bodies is so very important especially given the under regulation of the industry. Unfortunately, just because a product makes it onto a shelf, doesn’t mean that it’s automatically safe!
For anyone wanting to make a safer swap this year, consider starting here…
- Beauty & Personal Care Items
- Household Cleaning Products
- Candles/Air Fresheners
- Your Fridge & Pantry
Making the switch over to non-toxic alternatives, whether that be within your makeup bag, finding a clean candle, ditching your non-stick cookware, or buying less processed food, it all makes a huge difference lessening our overall toxic burden. Every swap matters, no matter how big or small.
When it comes to swapping out beauty & personal care products specifically, I like to encourage people to make a clean swap once they run out of a certain item, start with a product that they use the most, OR one that covers the most surface area on their body, such as a body lotion, foundation, deodorant, etc.!
In order to make some of your makeup & skincare clean swaps a little easier, I wanted to share 7 Beautycounter best sellers & why they are a smarter, safer option, by including “what’s in” & “what’s out” to provide a visual! I hope this post can inspire you to make at least one clean swap as we kick off the new year! If you’re new to shopping Beautycounter, feel free to use code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off your first order too!
Swap your current Vitamin C-serum for our Counter+ All Bright C Serum – Shop here!
This All-Bright C-Serum was Beautycounter’s biggest launch of 2020 for good reason! This serum is incredible! I personally had never used a Vitamin C serum prior to using this one. Because of that, I’ll be honest, I didn’t have huge expectations, but wow, I absolutely love this product! It does a little of everything & is the perfect addition to any morning skincare routine!
Stay tuned for a full C-Serum review, but for now, if you’re looking for a product to brighten, help with acne scars, sun spots, or dark spots, this will be your new best friend! It’s packed with powerful antioxidants like turmeric & camu camu extract that protect your skin against environmental aggressors throughout the day, revealing a more youthful & radiation complexion!
- Two forms of ultra-stable Japanese Vitamin C with 10% potency! Meaning it’s going to give your skin radiance-boosting benefits until the very last drop!
- L-Ascorbic Acid, although a very common ingredient used within Vitamin C treatment products, it can be very unstable & quickly lose its effectiveness! If you’re using a product with L-Ascorbic Acid, you unfortunately might not be getting the benefits you paid for!
Swap your current exfoliator & peel for our Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel – Shop here!
Hands down, this Overnight Resurfacing Peel is my favorite Beautycounter product EVER! It’s been a true game changer for my hormonal acne & healing my scars! It’s essentially a no-peel, peel that gently sloughs away your dull surface level skin cells leaving behind a more radiant & smoother complexion. It also helps speed up your cell turn over rate & collagen production, helping to diminish dark spots, sun spots, acne scars, melasma, & more!
- A gentle, but effective combination of resurfacing & soothing acids to slough away dead surface level skin cells, revealing a smoother, more youthful complexion!
- Formaldehyde releasing agents & polyethylene glycol (PEG compounds) commonly found in peels, but have been banned by Beautycounter due to their potential reproductive & development toxicity concerns!
Swap your current moisturizer for our Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – Shop here!
This Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion was one of the first products that made me fall in love with Beautycounter. The formula is so lightweight, yet so hydrating & was seriously the first moisturizer that I’ve ever enjoyed using! It actually adjusts to match your skin’s level of hydration throughout the day, which is pretty impressive too! This moisturizer is awesome for anyone with dry or combo skin, but if you struggle with oil, be sure to check out this matte gel cream!
- Olive-derived squalene, which draws moisture into the skin & visibly restores elasticity resulting in hydration that lasts all day long! Also Shea Butter! Which also helps to hydrate & condition the skin!
- Cyclic silicones, which may give your skin a silky feel to it, but may contain toxic impurities! Also NO synthetic fragrance either!
Swap your current tinted moisturizer for our Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 – Shop here!
Our Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer has become my go-to for days where I’m just going for a natural makeup look, but still want a little something on my face! I always describe this formula as an IG filter for your face, because it really does just smooth everything out, evens your skin tone, reduces redness, & just gives a dewy glow! The coverage is definitely sheer, so if you’re looking for a true foundation that will give you more coverage, I’d recommend our Skin Twin Foundation…you can read my review on that foundation here!
- Non-nano zinc oxide, which is a safe & effective mineral sunscreen for both you & the coral reefs!
- Ingredients like Octinoxate & oxybenzone, which may contribute to the collapse of coral reefs…therefore taking a place on Beautycounter’s Never List!
Swap your current lip gloss for our Beyond Gloss – Shop here!
When I say I love our Beyond Gloss lip glosses, I mean it! They are so so gorgeous, the shades are all fabulous, they are made with ethically sourced ingredients, the formula isn’t sticky at all, & they deliver high impact shine! My favorite shades are Bare Shimmer, Clove, & Brûlée…but you really can’t go wrong with any of them!
- Mindfully sourced certified organic vanilla which helps gives this Beyond Gloss its delicious scent! AND responsibly sourced mica for a beautiful shimmer!
- Synthetic fragrance…which can be used to mask hundreds to thousands of undisclosed chemicals linked to a variety of health concerns. Also, no sketchy mineral oils either!
Swap your current anti-aging or retinol treatments for our Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum – Shop here!
Beautycounter has an incredible anti-aging line called Countertime which includes ingredients like Swiss Alpine Rose & our plant-derived Retinatural Complex which is our safer, but equally effective version of retinol! The Tripeptide Radiance Serum specifically is AMAZING. This serum visibly increases skin firmness & elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles – yes please! It’s super hydrating & is formulated with a powerful blend of peptides & amino acids as well!
- Our plant-derived Retinatural Complex, which safely brightens, hydrates, & tightens the skin, while also visibly reducing fine lines & wrinkles!
- Retinol, although it’s an extremely popular anti-aging ingredient, you won’t find it in any of Beautycounter’s products due to it not being pregnancy/nursing safe. It’s also rated a 9 on the EWG data base due to skin irritation concerns & not being safe to use during sun exposure as well.
Swap your current antiperspirant for our new Clean Deo – Shop here!
If you’re planning on making ANY clean swap this year, please consider taking a look at deodorant! Deodorant was my first clean swap EVER years ago & since then, I’ve probably tried around 8-10 different clean deodorants…some decent, some were just awful! Hands down, Beautycounter’s new Clean Deo is the best I’ve used! Everything about this deodorant is amazing, the scents, the cute packaging, the formula, AND it’s refillable! So hello less waste…you really cannot go wrong! You can read my full review on Beautycounter’s new deodorant here!
- Coconut Oil & Shea Butter to help your skin feel hydrated, nourished, & smooth thanks to natural emollients rich in essential fatty acids & nutrients!
- Our Clean Deo is formulated without aluminum which can potentially clog pores & hinder the body’s natural detoxification process. This deodorant also doesn’t use any synthetic fragrances, which can be known to have serious health effects!
I hope seeing these 7 incredible, best selling Beautycounter products have inspired you to take a look at what’s on your bathroom shelf or in your makeup bag & make a safer swap! Remember, every swap, even if it’s just one, can still make a difference! In the meantime, you can’t go with any of the above! They are for sure some of my favorite products as well! If you’re new to shopping Beautycounter, feel free to use code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off too!
TO PLACE A BEAUTYCOUNTER ORDER, GO TO: BEAUTYCOUNTER.COM/MADIROWAN
Questions about products, Beautycounter as a whole, or the consultant opportunity? Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I’m beyond happy to help!
Which of these 7 Beautycounter best sellers would you like to try?