This 2021 Reading List for women shares 30 amazing book recommendations for women in their 20s & beyond, featuring non-fiction, fiction, & good reads in all genres!
Back in 2019, I posted a 2019 Reading List & it was a hit! This year, I wanted to share a similar post featuring empowering & entertaining books for women, at any age, non-fiction & fiction, & all genres! I find reading lists to be so helpful when looking for a new book, especially because I’m not the most active reader, so to have a list of good reads all in once place is such a helpful resource for me, & I hope it can be just as helpful for you too!
The majority of this 2021 Reading List features top books recommended for women from 2020. Mostly because we’re still in the early stages of 2021 & I wanted to make sure you had plenty of options when it comes to book recommendations! I’ve put together this list through my own book research & asking for feedback over on my IG stories – you all had some great suggestions!
At the start of every year, I always make it a goal of mine to read more. Unfortunately, I never do a great job of staying on top of my reading & quickly lose focus. But, I still want to challenge myself to read, because I actually do enjoy it! I’d be happy if I end up reading 4 books this year, which is a lot for me haha! I don’t even think I finished 2 books in 2020!
I started reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle late October when I first arrived in Norway because I didn’t have wifi. Eventually the wifi situation was figured out & since then, I haven’t made any effort to finish the book, even though I was really enjoying it! It’s definitely my goal by the end of March, to sit down & crank out the last few chapters! From what I have read so far, it’s a fantastic read for women in their 20s & beyond! Untamed is definitely a book that everyone has been talking about since quarantine hit this time last year. I know many people who have thoroughly enjoyed it!
I hope the reading list below is helpful for anyone like me, who may be in need of some book recommendations, or just something to feel inspired or entertained by! The 30 books mentioned in this reading list are some of the top books recommended for women in 2020 & 2021, so I’m sure there’s something here for everyone!
2021 Reading List
- Untamed – Glennon Doyle
- The Vanishing Half – Brit Bennett
- Bridgerton: The Duke & I – Julia Quinn
- Know My Name – Chanel Miller
- City of Girls – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Atomic Love – Jennifer Fields
- A Little Bit of Grace – Phoebe Fox
- The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas
- The Alice Network – Kate Quinn
- The Untethered Soul – Michael A. Singer
- Good Morning I Love You – Shauna Shapiro
- Night Road – Kristin Hannah
- Verity – Colleen Hoover
- Where the Crawdads Sing – Delia Owens
- American Dirt – Jeanine Cummins
- Honey Girl – Morgan Rogers
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Brené Brown
- Home Work – Julie Andrews
- The Girl In The Mirror – Rose Carlyle
- Green Lights – Matthew McConaughey
- Things I Learned From Falling – Clair Nelson
- Open Book – Jessica Simpson
- Recollections of My Nonexistence – Rebecca Solnit
- There I Am – Ruthie Lindsey
- The Rural Diaries – Hilarie Burton Morgan
- My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper – Gabrielle Reece
- Think Like a Monk – Jay Shetty
- The Confidence Code – Katty Kay & Claire Shipman
- Your Fully Charged Life – Meaghan B Murphy
- One of the Good Ones – Maika Moulite & Maritza Moulite
Have you read a good book recently? If so, I’d love to hear!
This is fantastic list! Happy to see some of favorites here.
Madi Rowan says
So happy to hear – thanks for stopping by! xo