6 Benefits of Consuming Liquid Chlorophyll Regularly. Liquid Chlorophyll is an all-natural detox drink that will help purify your blood & pull out toxins.
Let’s talk detox! I know a lot of people don’t like the term “detox” because they feel it’s restricting. I’m here to tell you that’s not the case. My family has been consuming liquid chlorophyll in our water for years & it’s the perfect mix of detox & rejuvenation & it’s SO EASY! I’m currently sipping on my Sunny Green chlorophyll water as I write this post in beautiful South Florida weather…does it get better??
What is Liquid Chlorophyll?
I’m sure you have heard the term “chlorophyll” in science class. Chlorophyll traps sunlight within plants & then converts that sunlight into energy. It also makes the plant…green. In liquid form, chlorophyll is extremely concentrated, resulting in high antioxidant properties for us when added to a glass of water. Chlorophyll is also rich is Vitamin A, C, E, K, beta carotene, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, & essential fatty acids.
We already do consume chlorophyll whenever we eat green vegetables such as spinach, parsley, green beans, arugula, leeks, kale, swiss chard, Chinese cabbage, & sugar snap peas. Due to such high concentration, consuming chlorophyll in a liquid form rather than in a cup of leafy greens, results in more apparent results. Liquid chlorophyll is loaded with nutrients which ultimately provides our bodies with forms of safe & natural energy.
How can Liquid Chlorophyll help you detox?
All you have to do is add a few drops of liquid chlorophyll into a glass of water! It’s recommended to consume 2-3 glasses of chlorophyll a week, but consuming it daily, won’t cause harm. Liquid chlorophyll provides our bodies with an instant & safe way to detox, by pulling out toxins. Once the chlorophyll enters your body, it binds together all of the toxins, pollutants, & carcinogens, & flushes them out. Be sure to check out this post for more way to detox the body naturally!
6 Benefits of Consuming Liquid Chlorophyll
- Skin – Chlorophyll can assist in improving skin quality & skin issues such as acne. The enzymes found in chlorophyll promote cell rejuvenation, which helps the skin heal. Chlorophyll also has anti-inflammatory & wound-healing properties. I read that you can buy chlorophyll in a gel form & apply it directly to pores & acne but I have never personally tried this.
- Weight loss – Liquid chlorophyll has been found to control hunger & lower cholesterol levels in individuals who consumer it daily.
- Detoxes your blood & liver – Chlorophyll can assist your body in restoring red blood cells, pull toxins from your liver & can help improve liver function. As a whole, chlorophyll oxygenates your body, which cleans our your blood.
- Boots Immunity – Regularly consuming chlorophyll can help fight infection throughout the body. Any time you feel like you may be coming down with something…add a few drops to your water.
- Combats Aging – Chlorophyll can help combat signs of aging by improving your skin & helping your body maintain strong bones & energy levels
- Digestion – Chlorophyll helps to promote healthy flora, which is found within the intestinal tract.
What does Chlorophyll taste like?
Chlorophyll is obviously dark green in color & looks so cool as it’s dropped into water. It does have a taste, not overwhelming, but it does have a minty taste if you get a flavored chlorophyll, like the one I have.
You can add mint leaves, lime, lemon, cucumber, or even add it to your green tea & add some honey! It might even be tasty if you add some raspberries or cut up watermelon to help add more flavor. Or you can keep it simple & easy & just stick to water or add a splash to a green smoothie!
The taste is refreshing & I’m not the biggest fan of mint-flavored things. Obviously, if you aren’t crazy about mint either, just add a drop or two instead of a splash into your water. Like I said, the taste is very muted & I’m sure it won’t be too bothersome.
The chlorophyll I have does come in different flavors such as Wintergreen (shown in my pictures), Peppermint, & Unflavored. I haven’t tried the unflavored, but if I had to guess, I would assume it tastes “earthy” LOL.
Where can you buy Chlorophyll?
You can buy chlorophyll in a liquid, gel, or capsule form. Although I have only tried chlorophyll in liquid form, I read that capsules have all of the same benefits. The gel, as I mentioned earlier, is a great option for topical use. I use Liquid Chlorophyll from a brand called Sunny Green. It has a great taste, there aren’t any added ingredients & should be stored in the fridge! Shop it below!
Have you ever tried Liquid Chlorophyll?