I don’t know about you but I LOVE a good clean mascara (which is hard to come by)! This Beautycounter Mascara Review will tell you everything you need to know about Beautycounter’s new Think Big All-in-One Mascara…trust me, it’s amazing!
Very excited to share this review of the Think Big All-in-One Mascara, aka Beautycounter’s new mascara which launched in July 2021! If you’re familiar with Beautycounter products, you may have tried their two previous mascara formulas – they had a Lengthening & Volumizing formula. In full transparency, they weren’t great, which made me that much more excited for the launch of the Think Big Mascara!
In my opinion, Beautycounter has set the new standard for clean mascara with this launch. It’s fabulous – don’t worry, I share all the details about why I love it below! My goal with this Beautycounter mascara review is to share everything you need to know if you are considering giving this mascara a try! Over the past 2 years, I’ve tried a handful of clean mascaras from brands like ILIA, Lawless, The Organic Skin Co. & Bite Beauty, & this new mascara from Beautycounter is hands down my favorite! Want to check out my other favorite clean beauty finds from the past year? Read this post next!
If you haven’t yet switched over to using a clean mascara, there’s never been a better time to do so. Conventional mascara can contain some really awful ingredients, not to mention, with conventional formulas, we are putting those toxic ingredients SO close to our eyes. If you’re looking for a clean option to swap out your current mascara, this mascara is going to be perfect for you! Not only is it free of over 1,800+ harmful or questionable ingredients, but it’s also EWG verified!
Beautycounter Mascara Review
Q: What is the Think Big All-in-One Mascara?
The Think Big All-in-One Mascara is Beautycounter’s new mascara! It’s designed to deliver instant volume, lift, & length, all without unwanted clumping or flaking! This mascara is also formulated with lash-loving ingredients to give you longer, fuller, & stronger-looking lashes.
If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for my clean beauty newsletter to receive a 20% off promo code to use on your first Beautycounter purchase – mascara included! You can sign up HERE!
- Tripeptide technology: A blend of lash-care conditioners helps lashes appear longer, fuller, & stronger.
- Panthenol (provitamin B5): Nourishes & conditions lashes, while biotinyl-tripeptide helps support stronger, healthier-looking lashes.
- Rice bran, calendula, & carnauba waxes: Help to build creamy volume with a weightless feel.
- True black pigment: Gives lashes dramatically rich black color without the use of carbon black, which Beauytcounter prohibits as a potential carcinogen & organ system toxin.
Beautycounter Mascara Pros:
- Provides next-level length without any clumps.
- The mascara wand is really easy to work with & gives you great application control.
- Using the wand, you’re really able to give your lashes an incredible lift.
- The soft, molded wand is amazing for keeping your lashes separated & not clumped together.
- The formula isn’t tacky or messy to use.
- No need to warm up the mascara – sometime you have to warm up clean mascaras before applying!
- Chic gold packaging.
- Made with nourishing tripeptide technology, which is designed to strengthen for stronger, longer, & fuller-looking lashes.
- Bold black color without the use of carbon black, which is a carcinogen & organ system toxin.
- Formulated without the use of over 1,800+ harmful or questionable ingredients.
- Long wearing formula, so it looks good all day!
- Easy to remove in my opinion!
Beautycounter Mascara Cons:
- Subtle volume, which isn’t technically a con, it just wouldn’t be my top suggestion if you’re looking for mega volume.
- It is an oil soluble formula, meaning if you have oil around your eyes, you may experience transfer below your eyes.
- Can be hard to remove if you’re not properly removing it. Below I share the four best ways to remove this Think Big All-in-One Mascara.
- The formula is not waterproof.
- Only available in one shade (black).
Q: Is this new mascara similar to Beautycounter’s old mascaras?
I am THRILLED to report this new Think Big All-in-One Mascara couldn’t be any more different from the old Beautycounter mascaras! If you’re familiar with the brand, you might remember the Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara & or the Lengthening Mascara. The Volumizing Mascara was definitely better than the Lengthening, but overall, they were pretty bad! Everything about this new mascara is different, from the packaging, to the wand, formula, wearability, & results! Night & day difference in the best possible way!
Q: Is it comparable to other clean mascaras?
I’m being fully transparent when I say that Beautycounter’s mascara is truly the best all around clean mascara that I’ve personally used. If I was to compare it to another clean mascara that I’ve tried, it would be most comparable to the ILIA Limitless Lash Mascara, which I reviewed in this post. I used the ILIA mascara for about a year prior to this new Beautycounter launch. Both formulas are very lengthening & the formula itself isn’t thick, which I like a lot. But in my opinion, the length & lift of the Think Big All-in-One Mascara is superior than the ILIA mascara.
Below, is a photo I screen shotted from my IG story. On one eye I’m wearing the Beautycounter mascara & on the other I’m wearing the ILIA mascara. The Beautycounter mascara hands down gives my lashes more definition, lift, boldness, & length when compared side by side!
Q: Is it user friendly?
Yes, this Think Big All-in-One Mascara is very user friendly thanks to the amazing molded wand! The wand is slim & soft, & really allows you to be precise with your application, even if you’re a true makeup beginner! Below are a few suggestions on how to best apply Beautycounter’s mascara! Want more makeup tips? Check out this post next!
- Remove the wand from the mascara tube & scrape off any excess mascara from the wand to create a clean application.
- When you’re applying, you’ll want to work the wand from the root of your lash to the tip.
- Make sure every lash is covered, you can use the tip of the wand to reach your smaller lashes.
- If you’d like to apply a second coat, wait until the first coat of mascara has dried down before applying another.
- If your eyelids tend to be on the oily side, use a bit of mattifying powder to help set the area. This will help to prevent the mascara from transferring.
Q: What type of look can you achieve with this mascara?
I really love the formula of this Think Big Mascara because it really gives you a lot of flexibility in creating your perfect lash look. One coat of this mascara will give your lashes natural looking lift, definition, & length. The more coats you apply, the more defined your lashes will be. In the photo below I’m wearing 2 coats of Beautycounter’s mascara!
Think Big Mascara Clean Facts
Beautycounter has some really incredible sustainability initiatives set in place (with many more to come), which even includes the packaging of this new mascara! Over 30% of the plastic used in this mascara packaging is composed of post-consumer recycled resin!
The Beautycounter Think Big All-in-One Mascara is of course formulated with incredibly clean & safe ingredients. It is free of carbon black, mineral oil, coal tar, cyclic silicones, BHT, fragrance, & PEGs, all of which may be linked to harmful effects on human health.
Stringent Screening & Safety Testing:
At Beautycounter, they batch test for heavy metals which is incredibly important in color cosmetics. This ensures that all formulas meets their strict safety standards – read more about those standards here! Beautycounter is highly selective when it comes to pigments allowed within their formulas, mascara included. Out of the 65 cosmetic colorants available for product formulation within the United States, Beautycounter only uses 18.
For a product to be EWG Verified™, the product must meet EWG’s strictest standards for human health. This means the product must not contain any ingredients of concern such as fragrance, carbon black, or parabens. For more ingredients to be on the lookout for, be sure to check out this post!
Beautycounter’s Mascara is a vegan formula, meaning it was formulated without the use of any animal products. Beautycounter is also Leaping Bunny Certified, meaning that they do not conduct any product testing on animals.
This mascara is also ophthalmologist tested which means it was given the OK by a professional eye doctor. Also, just to note, I am a contact lens wearer & I don’t have any issues with sensitivity or irritation when wearing this Think Big All-in-One Mascara.
Q: How to remove Beautycounter’s Mascara
1. Liquid Cleanser
If you’re using a liquid cleanser like the Countermatch Refresh Foaming Cleanser or the Counterstart Cococream Cleanser, you’ll want to make sure you first saturate your lashes with water before going in with your cleanser to help loosen up the formula. Personally, using a cleanser is not my preferred way to remove my mascara but it is an option.
2. Cleansing Oil or Balm
If you’re using a Cleansing Oil like the Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil or a cleansing balm like the Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm, again you’ll first want to wet your lashes with warm water to help loosen the formula. When applied, both options will help melt away the rest of your eye makeup. You’ll want to make sure you are removing any left over mascara or makeup residue with a warm cloth – I LOVE using my Makeup Eraser for this!
3. Eye Makeup Remover
Using this Instant Eye Makeup Remover is one of my favorite ways to remove the Beautycounter mascara. I first saturate a reusable cotton round with water & press it onto my lash line to help release some of the mascara. I suggest doing this no matter what product you’re using since you don’t want to be pulling or tugging at your eyes when trying to remove your mascara. Once my mascara has loosened up a bit, I pour some of my eye makeup remover on my reusable cotton round & remove the rest. After this, I follow with my regular cleanser! Be sure to check out this In an Instant Bundle which includes a full size (award winning) Instant Eye Makeup Remover & a full size Think Big All-in-One Mascara!
4. Makeup Wipes
If you’re in a pinch or are just exhausted at the end of the day, you can also use these One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes. You can apply the wipes directly to your lash line. Please make sure not to tug or pull at your lashes when using makeup wipes. I’d still suggest taking a bit of water & loosening up your mascara prior to using a wipe. You can also add a little bit of the Instant Eye Makeup Remover to your makeup wipe to make removal even easier!
Ways to shop the Beautycounter Mascara:
The Beautycounter Think Big All-in-One Mascara is available to purchase on the Beautycounter website as an individual item as well as, within three different product bundles. Below are the fours ways you can currently shop this new mascara. I’d definitely suggest grabbing either the Flawless in Five or the In an Instant Bundle which will hands down give you the best bang for your buck!
- Think Big All-in-One Mascara
- Big Shine Duo – full size mascara + full size Beyond Gloss in your shade of choice at a 15% discount
- In an Instant Bundle – full size mascara + full size Instant Eye Makeup Remover at a 15% discount
- Flawless in Five – this fully customizable makeup set includes 5 full size products to instantly clean up your makeup collection
If you have any questions about this mascara before purchasing, feel free to shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), send me a DM on IG, or leave a comment on this post! If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for my clean beauty newsletter to receive a 20% off promo code to use on your first Beautycounter order! You can sign up HERE!
I hope this Beautycounter Mascara review was helpful if you’re in the market for a new (clean) mascara! Like I said, Beautycounter really set the new standard for clean mascara with this Think Big Formula, it really does do it all!
TO PLACE A BEAUTYCOUNTER ORDER, GO TO: BEAUTYCOUNTER.COM/MADIROWAN
Questions about products, Beautycounter as a whole, or the consultant opportunity? Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email at email@example.com! I’m beyond happy to help!
Would you try this Think Big Mascara?