Sharing my honest experience trying & using Beautycounter products for the first time, including the Countermatch skincare line, makeup, masks, & more!
I was first introduced to Beautycounter products a few years back, while I was still in college. Back then, I was extremely new to the idea of clean products & the toxicity of common ingredients found in our everyday products. But even then, I became so fascinated with something called The Never List, which is basically a list of harmful ingredients that you will NEVER find in any of the BC products. So fast forward to a few months ago, I was put in touch with a wonderful woman who re-introduced me to Beautycounter & I seriously fell in love! So today, I’m sharing an honest Beautycounter product review, introducing my new weekly email series, & why I decided to become a consultant!
I read something recently that stated..
Clean beauty should be a right, not a privilege.
I couldn’t think of a better sentence to sum up my experience with clean beauty as a whole. WHY should we have to question everything in our products, what is allowed on the shelves of stores, what products we apply to ourselves, our babies, our loved ones, & the potential harm these products are doing to us internally!
Our skin is our largest organ – meaning – everything we apply topically is ABSORBED into our blood stream.
That’s scary, & it’s even scarier that many people are unaware of this. This a problem in my opinion. It’s a shame that our country is one of the furthest behind when it comes to banning ingredients in cosmetics, common care, beauty, & skincare products. The products that are the most accessible (& cheapest) to us as consumers, are toxic.
In my first introduction to Beautycounter years ago, their Never List really left an impact on me & I’ve had it saved to my phone ever since. Beautycounter is committed to formulating ALL products without over 1,500 harmful chemicals/ingredients. One of the main concerns I hear when it comes to finding clean beauty products is the confusion about what ingredients are bad – especially when most of the names are impossible to pronounce, let alone, read & understand!
I get it, I’ve been there! There’s SO much out there, it’s difficult to keep track of what’s good, what’s bad, & everything in between, which is why I wanted to do this post & give my honest feedback about why I am a proud supporter of Beautycounter, their products, & the values of the brand. You are able to use Beautycounter with the peace of mind that what you are using is SAFE – no questions asked. And that’s what I love most.
So let’s talk products! Below I’m sharing what I’ve been using in regards to makeup & skincare – all from Beautycounter! Since I’m now a consultant, all the links I’ve used below are clickable & you can shop directly from them! Keep scrolling for so much more info, including why I’m starting a new weekly series of CLEAN BEAUTY EMAILS!
As a makeup lover, I was really excited to try these makeup products from Beautycounter. I was able to try out a little bit of everything – lips, face, & mascara. I’m really looking forward to trying more from Beautycounter’s makeup line because the products are gorgeous, they have really flattering shades, & in my opinion, they contribute to this idea that makeup should be used to enhance your own natural beauty & I love that.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far from the Beautycounter makeup line:
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation – This is a Beautycounter best seller. It’s a super lightweight, breathable foundation that gives just the right amount of coverage for a natural look. It applies beautifully on the skin & allows you to build upon areas that may need a little more coverage, which is great for me, as I’m dealing with acne/acne scarring!
- Lengthening Mascara – I mentioned that this was an honest Beautycounter product review & I’m sticking with that! I personally don’t love this mascara. For now, I’m sticking with my The Organic Skin Co. Black Lash Mascara!
- Color Pinch Cream Blusher Shade Hibiscus – Within the past few months, I’ve been exploring cream products more & more – so far so good, I love the natural look they give, this BC blush included! It’s highly pigmented & can double as a gorgeous lip color too!
- Sheer Lipstick Shade Twig – LOVE. Love this formula, love the shine, love the shade. I’m obsessed with this sheer lipstick, it’s SO good! Twig is a rosy beige shade, which is so naturally beautiful, no matter your skin color!
- Lip Gloss Shade Bare Shimmer – And to follow the lipstick, I’m a big lip gloss gal. I’ve been wearing this bare shimmer gloss daily – I can’t get enough! It’s hydrating & shiny, without being gloppy & sticky, & wears beautifully.
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover – I use almond oil to remove my makeup at night, I have been doing this for years, so that hasn’t changed, but I do really love this eye makeup remover because this stuff WORKS! I love using it to clean up my eye makeup with a Q-tip, especially because I’m notorious for getting mascara on my lash line & eyelids.
I’m definitely becoming a skincare junkie more & more every day. My product shelf is quickly becoming crowded, but I LOVE it. I love trying new things, doing facial masks, applying serums, jade rolling my oils into my face, & all of that fun stuff. I’ve been using these Beautycounter skincare products since late August & I’ve loved them all, seriously. There’s some excellent products below & Beautycounter as a whole, really has incredible options for ALL skin types.
Let’s talk skincare, here’s what I’ve been using from Beautycounter!
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – If you’re looking for a lightweight, but hydrating face lotion that will adapt to the needs of your face, look no further – this lotion is a “best seller” for good reason! I love applying this in the morning, before I apply my foundation.
- Countermatch Recovery Sleeping Cream – This was my first time using a cream specifically for the night, but I love applying this on my skin, neck, & even my chest before I head off to sleep. Similar to the lotion, this recovery cream is super lightweight, hydrating, & helps revitalize the skin while you sleep!
- Counter + Charcoal Facial Mask – I’m for sure a mask girl, I love doing a good mask & boy is this a GOOD one! You can really see the charcoal working to pull out impurities from the skin. You can also use this as a spot treatment!
- Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum – I love using this serum in the mornings before I apply my Countermatch lotion for an instant & lasting boost of hydration, antioxidants, & radiance.
- Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream – This is definitely one of my favorite eye creams I’ve ever used. A little goes a long way & it will definitely help to keep your under eyes hydrated & nourished. I’m excited to see what prolonged use of this eye cream will do for my under eyes.
- Cleansing Balm – This stuff is amazing! I loved using this balm to remove my makeup, but I REALLY loved using it as a hydrating overnight mask. It has such a cool texture, & really isn’t greasy, which makes it so great to use as a mask at night!
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – So I only got to try this in a sample size, but that was all I needed to try to realize that I LOVE this product. I noticed an instant difference in my skin – seriously! I have a full size peel on it’s way to me & I cannot wait!
- Glow & Go Mini Oils – Not only are these oils incredible, but they’re extremely lightweight, hydrating, balancing, brightening, & SO affordable! Every morning, I choose one out of the three, & add a few drops into my foundation before application. I LOVE mixing oils into my foundation & these oils do not disappoint. I think my favorite out of the three is the Balancing + Ylang Ylang – SO good!
I’ve been really loving using my Beautycounter products over the past few months, so much so, I decided to become a Beautycounter consultant! Not only do I love the products, but I truly love & support the mission of the brand. Beautycounter has a goal of getting cleaner products into the hands of consumers. Period. There is a lack of information out there when it comes to what is safe & what isn’t. There is no question when shopping & using Beautycounter. Everything is safe. No more googling ingredients. You don’t have to worry whether or not it’s actually “clean”. You can use Beautycounter with peace of mind, which is what I love.
TO PLACE A BEAUTYCOUNTER ORDER, GO TO: BEAUTYCOUNTER.COM/MADIROWAN
Questions about products, Beautycounter as a whole, or the consultant opportunity? Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I’m beyond happy to help!