Sharing 50 little things that make me happy, with the hope to inspire you to look inward & find joy in the small things in your own life!
Earlier this week, I came across a blog post by Natie of Life on a Branch where she published a post listing 100 things that make her happy. I LOVED the idea & wanted to do a post inspired by just that! So today I’m sharing 50 things that make me happy, with the hope to inspire you to find joy in the smaller things in life!
So often we forget to take a second & really think about what makes us happy. Even when I sat down to write this post, it took me a second to gather my thoughts enough to come up with 50 different things that bring joy to my life. Although you & I might feel happy in our day to day lives, it’s not often that we really sit down & think about the little things, outside of the obvious, that really do bring joy to our lives.
Coming up with this list of 50 things that make me happy really served as a nice reminder to do more of what’s on this list. Not everything has to be done in one day, or a week, or even a month, but spending time doing small things that bring joy really does add up & make a difference!
Happiness is definitely a journey, not a destination.
There will always be ups & downs, good days & bad ones, but that doesn’t mean happiness is non-existent during those life trials. We live in a world surrounded by horrible news stories, negativity, hate, & nasty words…so it’s up to us to be the change we want to see in the world. If we don’t find happiness within ourselves, we will most likely struggle finding it all together.
I hope this post reminds you to take a second to look inward & come up with your own list of what makes you happy. It doesn’t have to be 50 different things, maybe your list only has 10 things on it, maybe just 1! But whatever is on your list…do more of it. Happiness is not something we should feel like we have to earn. It’s all around us & sometimes it just may take you a little bit more time to find it!
Finding joy in the small things really teaches you to appreciate good in all forms. It can be anything from seeing a flower bloom, to brewing a hot cup of tea, or kissing your partner goodnight. Happiness is limitless if you allow it to be!
50 Things that Make Me Happy
- Seeing Devin walk through the door whenever he comes home
- A hot cup of chaga tea
- Completing a yoga flow
- Doing a face mask in the morning
- Singing in my car while driving
- Grocery shopping
- Listening to classical music
- Spending time in the kitchen without having to rush
- My $24 indoor fountain that I recently got at Michaels
- Doing anything that requires me to be creative
- Watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians
- Face timing my family
- Making time for my daily movement
- Holding my favorite crystals
- Eating a good nourishing meal
- Writing things down & checking them off my list
- A fully stocked Trader Joe’s
- Getting packages in the mail
- Snuggling into the couch under a cozy blanket
- Good makeup days
- The feeling of new yoga pants
- Walking through Marshalls
- Kale Junkie’s Life Changing Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sun shining through the windows in the morning
- Achieving a new pose in my yoga practice
- Rainstorms at night
- Hot showers
- A clean house
- Even better, a clean & organized house haha!
- Giving people compliments
- My essential oils
- Creating & posting new blog posts
- Full body hugs from my fiancé
- Any time I use my reusable shopping bags when I grocery shop
- Getting rid of things I no longer need
- Lists, lists, & more lists
- A good podcast
- Good wifi (LOL) but seriously…
- A dairy-free latte – preferably something caramel flavored
- Making someone smile
- A pretty nail color
- Spending quality time alone
- Spending quality time with my loved ones
- Reflecting back on my accomplishments
- This blog (literally makes me SO happy)
- Learning something new
- My Jeep
- A good pair of jeans
- Being in a loving & fulfilling relationship
What makes YOU happy?!