12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life!
Hi everyone! Back again with another 12 Things Tuesday! This week I’m wrapping up my final few days in Florida, here’s what I’ve been up to as we wrap up April!
12 Things Tuesday
1. As I mentioned, I’m still in Florida! I’ll be here for a two more days before heading back to New Hampshire. Devin left on Saturday because he had to take care of some things regarding his work visa in order to head off to his next destination, which is coming very very soon! I’ll announce where we both will be heading in next week’s 12 Things Tuesday, so stay tuned!!! We both have never been to this country!
2. Speaking of, this is Devin’s 7th year playing basketball overseas & I’ve come along to almost every country except 3! His first year we were in Sweden, then Canada, & then he went to Australia & Columbia (without me). Then we were in Indonesia, Norway, Luxembourg (I didn’t go to Luxembourg), & then Norway again! It’s been quite the journey!
3. I’m finding it hard to believe that May is only a few days away! Both Devin & I agreed that April flew by, especially because we’ve been traveling the entire month. Between spending time with his parents, my trip to Puerto Rico, & spending time with my family, the days have gone by really quickly. You can check out my Puerto Rico recap post here!
4. I’m 99% sure that I’m going to embark on my second Medical Medium cleanse on May 1st or 2nd. Last Fall I completed the Medical Medium 369 Advanced Liver Cleanse for the first time & it was life changing for my eczema. My eczema is about 98% gone right now. I get tiny little spots, that really only I can notice. They are incomparable to what I was experiencing for the first 2.5 years of having Dyshidrotic eczema. Since I’m going to be traveling again for the next few months, May is really the only time that I’ll be home long enough to do it. For anyone who might be new to the cleanse, it takes a ton of time & prep work. Definitely not ideal to do if you’re traveling. Like last time, I’ll be documenting the entire cleanse again on my IG!
5. One thing that I have been really surprised by on this trip is my lack of severe allergies! I’m very allergic to pretty much all animals & have had pretty significant reactions the last 2 times I’ve seen my parent’s golden retriever but not this time! I honestly don’t know what to attribute this lack of allergies to, but I’m so happy & relieved. I always bring my Benadryl (which sometimes doesn’t even help) & have only had to take it a few days. But no sneezing episodes, itchy/swollen eyes, overly runny nose, or tight chest! Definitely a win!
6. I’ve gone for two long swims in the ocean this past week. I’m not a huge swimmer, but love to swim/float in the ocean. The water in Fort Lauderdale is just beautiful & we went to the beach on two gorgeous days. Swimming in the ocean always makes me SO tired. Anyone else love swimming in the ocean?
7. This is your PSA if you haven’t already tried LMNT electrolytes to try some! I’ve been a huge LMNT fan since this past Fall & share them with everyone. I have 1-2 LMNT’s every day! You can use my link to enjoy a free sample pack with your first order! My favorite flavor is Watermelon, but honestly, they all are delicious!
8. One thing I am SO excited for is getting back to my amazing yoga studio. I haven’t been since mid-March because I left for Norway, & then Florida. My first class back will be on Monday & I can’t wait. I have been seriously off any routine, so I’m really looking forward to getting back on my mat! For any local readers, I go to the incredible Collective Studios in Londonderry, New Hampshire!
9. A few days ago, I placed an Abercrombie order for a few summer basics. Two simple t-shirts, a black maxi dress which is always my go-to in the summer months, & I got one of their Traveler Dresses, which I’m really excited to try on! You can see my order here over on LTK!
10. One thing I can always appreciate is an amazing return policy – can anyone relate haha? Last month, I got a new pair of Beyond Yoga biker shorts that I absolutely LOVE, however, when I put them on this past Sunday, I noticed a tiny fabric snag that definitely didn’t happen from me wearing them. I reached out & even though I don’t have the tags anymore, they will do an exchange for me! So relieved & appreciated!
11. Today is the last day of the Beautycounter Friends & Family sale for my clean beauty lovers out there! Sales don’t come around often, so when they do, it’s always a great time to stock up! Feel free to DM me over on IG (@madi_rowan) for personalized recommendations to best fit your skin & or any skin concerns you might be dealing with. If you’re brand new to Beautycounter, I’d some of my favorite recommends would be our All Bright C Serum, the Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum, our Beyond Gloss, or our Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Face Mask! You really can’t go wrong!
12. I posted yesterday on my IG stories that it brings me genuine joy whenever I crack open an Olipop haha. I just love them so much. Soda has really never been my thing because I don’t like carbonation, however, since Olipop doesn’t have as much carbonation, it’s enjoyable for me to drink. And the flavors are just soo tasty & the packaging is so cute too. My favorite flavors right now are Tropical Punch, Banana Cream, Root Beer, & Cherry Vanilla. My all time favorite flavor is Orange Cream, but I think they discontinued it ugh!
Alright friends, that’s all for today! Thanks for reading!
I’ll see you again next week for another 12 Things Tuesday!