12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life!
Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! I’m back again with another 12 Things! It’s been a busy 7 days since we last chatted & to be quite honest, I’m exhausted! I’m such an introvert & need serious time to recover when I get back from trips haha! I watched this Kobe Bryant YouTube video last week where he said “rest at the end, not the middle” so that’s my motto this week! My weekend plans will definitely include some quiet time & rest!
On to the good stuff! Below are my 12 Things – enjoy!
12 Things Tuesday – Wedding Weekend
1. I went to a great yoga class this morning that included a core segment, which is always fun! But I always go back & forth on whether I prefer morning or evening work outs. I feel so good after both but love bringing that good energy with me throughout the rest of my day! I have a call this evening. But if I finish in time, I’m going to try to sneak in another class today! I try to go as much as I possibly can when I’m home.
2. Over the weekend, I traveled to Cincinnati for my cousin’s wedding! It was SUCH a lovely time! I flew in Friday morning & left super early Sunday morning. The wedding was absolutely beautiful & it was so wonderful to see all of my family, especially since it’s not often that we’re all together! I was also so glad that I had a chance to wear the peach dress in the photo above again! It’s perfect for a summer wedding or vacation!
3. On Friday night, there was a little cocktail party to kick off the wedding weekend. I wore Beautycounter’s new Statement Maker Satin Lipstick in shade Energized which is a gorgeous orange-red shade. You can see me applying it in this reel!
4. Along with my lunch today, I tried a new Medical Medium smoothie! I made his Chaga Cinnamon Smoothie & it was delicious! The recipe is really simple & calls for 2 frozen bananas, 1 1/2 chaga powder, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (optional), 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup or raw honey (optional), & 1 cup of water, coconut water, or unsweetened almond or coconut milk. The only thing I omitted was the ground ginger. And I used Pique’s Chaga Elixir.
5. Eek! I’m gearing up to head over to Japan soon, so I’m trying my best to prep everything I need prior to heading out. One thing that I restocked today was my Branch Basics concentrate. I have some already but that’s what I’ll be using for laundry detergent while I’m over there so I wanted to get another one. I also got a mini foaming hand soap that I can keep in my belt bag because one of my friends, who has lived in Japan, told me that many public bathrooms don’t have soap!
6. Does anyone have any fun Memorial Day plans? I’ll be heading back to the Boston Embassy this Friday to pick up my visa & passport & am planning on stopping by a great mall in Massachusetts to hopefully shop some good sales! My weekend plans are still TBD!
7. I can’t wait for this weekend because my weekend treat will be binging new shows & I’m SO excited haha! I’m going to start with the new season of Selling Sunset & then the Kardashians new season comes out this week, so I’ll be watching the first episode of that too! If you don’t already know, I love the Kardashians & have no shame about it LOL! Kim is my favorite!
8. I’m going to be on the Finding Wilder podcast!! Yesterday I recorded an episode for my sister in law’s podcast called Finding Wilder! It was such a great conversation & I’m excited to share it! I’ll definitely include it in one of my 12 Things posts!
9. I finally ran out of my dry shampoo powder so I decided to try Vegamour’s Dry Shampoo & omg, it’s amazing! I’ve been using it since Friday & what a game changer. I was desperately on the hunt for a clean dry shampoo that wasn’t a powder so I’m beyond thrilled about this find! I’ll probably end up trying some of their other hair products too!
10. A few days ago, I shared the one specific product that was responsible for giving my face a natural tan. Talk about another game changing product. You can find it here! I use the Fair to Medium!
11. In preparation for the podcast yesterday, I looked up my sun, moon, & rising signs (I knew that would be one of the questions). My sun is a Libra (which I knew), my moon is Taurus, & my rising is Gemini! Do you know your signs?
12. And to wrap this 12 Things Tuesday up, here’s a Devin update! Devin is my husband if you’re new! He’s currently playing basketball in Japan, which is why I’m heading over there! He is actually playing professional 3×3 basketball which is pretty cool. He had his first tournament this past Sunday & his team won the tournament championship AND he won MVP! YAY!
That’s all for today friends, thanks for reading & for just being here!
I’ll see you next Tuesday for another 12 Things!