12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life, this week I’m doing a little recap of my trip to Puerto Rico!
Welcome back to another 12 Things Tuesday! On Sunday, I came home from Puerto Rico & had an absolute blast! I was there with Beautycounter & about 28 other consultants. So I wanted to focus this 12 Things post on my trip!
12 Things Tuesday
1. This trip to Puerto Rico was the 4th incentive trip that I’ve earned within the past 12 months with Beautycounter. You can read about my first incentive trip to Washington, DC here! At this point, I’m completely obsessed with going on these trips & have enjoyed each one so very much. But this one was different. This trip was special because the women who earned this trip made a huge effort to prioritize diversity & inclusion when building their business & I’m really proud to be a part of that. Everyone means everyone when it comes to helping others find safer products!
2. One of my favorite things about this trip was the conversations with all of the women who were there. It’s so amazing that Beautycounter has brought us all together. Each person has a different story of how they found Beautycounter. Each person works their business differently, some of us do this full time, some work it part time. Some of us have been doing this for years & one woman just started her business 7 months ago! The beauty of Beautycounter is that it looks different for everyone but it WORKS. You can learn more about the Beautycounter business opportunity in this post or here!
3. This was my first time going to Puerto Rico & wow, was it gorgeous!! We stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel which was right on the beach. It was such a beautiful hotel & the view of the ocean was just spectacular. We all had our own rooms too which was so nice!
4. On the first night, we had a beautiful welcome party at a nearby hotel, less than 5 minutes away. The events team at Beautycounter always does an incredible job at putting together the receptions, this was no different! We got to see the beautiful beach sunset, there were salsa dancer, drummers, amazing food, stunning table scapes, & flower arrangements. We always have a photo backdrop too, which is in the picture above! I couldn’t get over how well my dress matched the theme!
5. Speaking of, this is the dress that I found last minute! Doesn’t it scream Puerto Rico?! It was SO much fun to wear & I paired it with my favorite black strappy heels that I often wear! Check out my LTK to see the other outfits that I wore!
6. On Saturday morning, we had breakfast & then we had the opportunity to listen to the amazing Frances Rios who spoke on the importance of female financial empowerment. She had an amazing story & message, & we all enjoyed her so very much. She really knew how to work a room, the conversations were real, spot on, & really engaging.
7. After we heard Frances speak, we went outside & Beautycounter set up a little shopping station featuring two local artisans. We all got to pick two individualized pieces, a beach coverup & a piece of jewelry. Beautycounter loves to spoil us while on trips, but we all really loved how personal these items were. All of us have such different personalities & style, so we all chose something different! I chose a gorgeous fringe sarong to match my new Youswim bikini (see it here) & a beautiful ring with mixed metals. It has a little silver heart on it & I couldn’t love it more!
8. Following our shopping, we had a handful of hours of free time. There was a small group of us that wondered down to old San Juan. The weather was beautiful & we enjoyed an amazing lunch before walking around for a few hours. During lunch I had the most amazing sweet plantains, they were delicious! You can see a few pictures of old San Juan here! I was so excited to see the street of colorful umbrellas! I completely forgot they were in Puerto Rico!
9. When I returned back to the hotel from walking around, I ordered a strawberry mint mojito & enjoyed it on a lounge chair overlooking the ocean! Mocktail of course! It’s been over 5 years since I last drank, so I love me a good mocktail & had some tasty ones on this trip!
10. On our last night, we had an incredible meal at a restaurant in old San Juan, the food was out of this world! We had a preset menu with a variety of hors d’oeuvres, a salad, main courses, & desserts. For my main course, I chose an angus beef tenderloin filet & it truly the best piece of steak I ever had. And then for dessert, I got to enjoy a trio of local fruits sorbet which was perfect because I had been craving some good sorbet the entire trip! It was such a fun night.
11. Most of us headed out on Sunday. My flight wasn’t until later in the afternoon, so I was able to enjoy some leisure time around the hotel before heading out. I sat at the bar & spent my last bit of room credit on a pineapple mint mojito mocktail & some delicious avocado salsa paired with root vegetable & plantain chips. Then I walked down to the pool/beach area & sat on a lounge chair as a finished my first book in a REALLY long time. I read It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover & it was amazing & sad, all at the same time. I’m going to read It Starts With Us next, I can’t wait!
12. My flight going to Puerto Rico was a little hairy due to pretty significant flooding at the Fort Lauderdale airport. I panicked when my flight out was cancelled but thankfully I had a connection out of Orlando. So early Friday morning, my brother & Devin drove me to Orlando to catch my flight. SO grateful. And then my brother about gave me a heart attack when he asked if I had my passport haha. Which you don’t need to go to PR, but gosh, my heart dropped because I didn’t bring my passport. I had a direct flight back to Fort Lauderdale Sunday evening which took a little longer than anticipated due to rain & lightening. We were stuck in a holding pattern above the airport for over 30 minutes. The Fort Lauderdale airport was backed up due to all of the delays & cancellations, so I was grateful that my flight wasn’t affected.
Alright friends! That’s all for today!
I’ll see you again next week for another 12 Things Tuesday!