12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life!
Hi friends! Back again with another 12 Things Tuesday post! It’s an exciting work week for me because Beautycounter launched gorgeous new lipsticks! I’m wearing shade Independent, which is a cool nude pink, in the photo above, it’s my favorite so far! Don’t worry I’m sharing more below & a full review will be coming soon! Now onto my 12 Things!
12 Things Tuesday
1. I took almost a month off from drinking my morning matcha & truly forgot how much I love it. Between being in Florida for almost all of April & then doing my 369 cleanse for the first 9 days of May, my morning routine looked a little different. But I started drinking my Pique Sun Goddess Matcha again this week & gosh, it’s SO good. Pique is my go-to for matcha because they quadruple screen all of their teas (matcha included) for heavy metals, pesticides, mold, & radioactive isotopes.
2. I restocked my favorite whitening toothpaste this week. I’ve been using another non-toxic brand but honestly I don’t love any toothpaste brand as much as I do Luminuex. I notice a significant difference in the color of my teeth when I do & don’t use it. My cousin is getting married this weekend (super excited for the wedding), so I’m also going to be using my Luminuex non-toxic whitening strips too for an extra boost! And in case you’re wondering, the whitening strips don’t cause me any sensitivity!
3. Beautycounter launched gorgeous new satin lipsticks today & I am in LOVE! Stay tuned for a full review, but until then, you can browse them here! The formula is so buttery! It doesn’t even feel like you’re wearing lipstick, which I really like! They’re available in 14 long wearing shades, I grabbed 11 of them for now. I skipped on the darker brown shades but will probably get those too come Fall!
4. After seeing a few friends rave about how much they love Midday Squares, I finally ordered 2 boxes for myself & omg are they DELICIOUS. They are a little pricy, especially with shipping but I’ve been really enjoying them. They are made with super clean & functional ingredients & are designed to satisfy your sweet cravings! I got the Cooke Dough flavor!
5. Remember when I said I shopped the Alo sale two weeks ago? Well I love everything that I ordered, no surprise lol. I wore my new tennis skirt over the weekend & the cantelope color just made me so happy! It’s not a color I’d typically ever buy but I’m obsessed! For Alo sizing, I’m a small but for the tennis skirts (I have two now), I wear a Medium.
6. For all of the moms out there reading this, I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!! I chatted with my mom in the morning & then I headed over to my Mother in Law’s house to make brunch! It was such a nice day & brunch was delicious! If you’re in need of a good breakfast potato recipe, try this one! It’s the one I used but I baked them for a little longer. I also didn’t have Old Bay Seasoning so I just added a little Celery Salt instead & they turned out SO good!
7. Lilacs make me SO happy & they are fully in bloom here in New Hampshire! I have two gorgeous lilac trees right outside my kitchen windows!
8. On Friday I drove into Boston to submit my Japanese visa application at the Japanese Embassy. I’ll be heading over to Japan around June 1st to be with Devin! I can’t believe he’s been there for almost three weeks now! His first tournament is this weekend. I have to go back to Boston to pick up my completed visa (it’s a sticker they put in my passport) & then I’ll be good to go!
9. Speaking of traveling, I’m going to Cincinnati for my cousin’s wedding this weekend! I can’t wait! I’m leaving early Friday morning & am trying to only bring a carry on. It might sound ridiculous to some but I’m a chronic over packer, so this will be a challenge haha. I think I’m going to pack everything in my Béis Weekender Tote, which I love & have had for a few years!
10. My girlfriend & I (she is also a Beautycounter consultant) spent over 2 hours mapping out our Summer goals & created an accountability system which we both are SO excited about! If you have things you want to accomplish, accountability is huge! If it’s been a while since you’ve shared your goals with someone, find someone, whether it’s someone you work with, someone in your family, & let them know what you’re working towards!
11. I was telling my in-laws yesterday how much I love living in New Hampshire. For me, New Hampshire represents a fresh start & gave me the freedom to create my own life. I came to New Hampshire for college back in 2013 & haven’t left! I genuinely love my life here & feel grateful to say that.
12. I’ve had some really good purchases lately if I do say so myself haha. One of them being these Steve Madden heels that I know I’ll get so much wear out of. Not only are they neutral but they are SO comfortable! I plan on wearing them this Friday night with my new Abercrombie shorts!
That’s all for today friends, thanks for reading!
I’ll see you next Tuesday for another 12 Things!
Leave a Reply