12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life!
Hi friends! It’s been a busy start to May! Hence why I’m just getting around to posting this 12 Things Tuesday on Wednesday morning – oops! I hope your month has gotten off to a great start. Let’s get right into it, below is a peak into my last week! And the photo above is part of my grocery haul to kick off my second round of the Medical Medium Cleanse!
1. Last week I told you that I’d update you on where Devin is off to next, so let’s start with that! If you follow me on IG, you may have already seen that I shared that Devin headed off to Japan on Saturday! He will be playing 3×3 basketball until mid-September in Fukuoka, Japan. Getting to Japan has been Devin’s #1 goal, so I’m so excited for him. He had such a long travel itinerary to get there & when he did land in Japan, his bag wasn’t there. Ugh! UPDATE: he got his bag!!!
2. On Monday, I started my second round of the Medical Medium 369 Advanced Cleanse & am feeling great! The last time I completed this cleanse was this past Fall & the first few days, I was painfully bloated, but I haven’t had really any bloating so far which has been great! I’m currently sipping on my Liver Rescue Smoothie as I write this post! I love the Liver Rescue smoothie, it’s so simple, but so delicious! All you need is 2 bananas, 2 cups of blueberries, a packet of frozen pitaya (dragonfruit), & 1/2 cup of water which is optional, but I add it to blend the smoothie better.
3. Monday was also my first class back at my yoga studio! Gosh it feels/felt so good to be back. I always love my first class back because it reminds me of how special it is to share energy & space with my teachers & fellow classmates. There’s nothing quite like it. I’ll be getting to the studio as much as humanly possible before heading off again.
4. I’ve been doing some summer shopping lately in preparation for Japan. I’ve gotten some cute things that I’m excited to wear. ALO is having a great sale this week, so I got a few things yesterday & a free pair of socks (yay) because I’m a VIP member I guess haha! But I also need to restock things like my contacts (ugh), self tanner, & laundry detergent to bring overseas.
5. Speaking of laundry detergent, I really like traveling with Truly Free detergent because it’s refillable. So I just get the refillable packets & bring the empty plastic bottle & it’s perfect. I also really like their Dryer Angels which are designed to take the place of traditional dryer sheets, which are incredibly toxic!
6. Random, but I’m really sad that Beautycounter is discontinuing their Hand Savior Radiance Serum, I wrote an entire review on it when it first launched, you can find that post here! I always keep one in my purse & use it every time I travel, which is a lot haha, so I’m disappointed to see it go. You can currently grab it for 50% off for a handful more days. Once it’s gone, it’s gone…
7. Beautycounter is launching another new gorgeous makeup product this month! Last month we launched Cream Highlighters ICYMI! As a consultant, I always get sneak peaks into what’s coming which is fun! I’ve seen photos & swatches for the new product coming soon, but on Thursday, I have a call which will help me learn more about the product itself! If you’ve ever thought about becoming a Beautycounter consultant but get hung up on feeling like you don’t know “enough” about beauty, ingredients, products, etc., don’t let that hold you back! Beautycounter does an amazing job with product education & trainings. Trust me, you’d be well supported! Learn more here!
8. I watched American Idol again this week. I haven’t watched since early April but wow, there are some incredible voices on this season! I’ll have to remember to watch it next week. I believe it’s on Sunday & Monday evenings. Also! I watched (more like binged) Working Moms on Netflix over the weekend. I LOVE that show & have been watching since Devin & I were living in Canada. It’s hilarious & it was such a nice surprise to see that another season was out!
9. One of my personal goals this month is to read another book! This month I want to finally read Atomic Habits, which has been sitting on my desk for OVER a year! I started reading it last March I believe during a book club, but never even got to page 30. But since finishing my first book in a very very long time last month, I feel inspired to read a book a month. In order to stay accountable, I need to commit to reading 10 pages a day.
10. As I’m writing this, my new Therasage red light panel was just delivered! I brought my red light to Florida last month & ended up giving mine to my parents. So I took advantage of the Therasage Mother’s Day sale & re-purchased one for myself. It’s been a must within my wellness routine & healing journey. I first bought it in 2021 to try to help with my eczema but have used it for a variety of things since. The panel that I specifically have features red light & near-infrared frequencies. Long story short, the panel is tremendous for inflammation, pain, recovery, sleep, mental health, brain health, skin health, wound healing, oxygenation, & more! Through 5/14 (Mother’s Day) you can use code THERAMOM to save 20% off!
11. I have a hard time believing that we’re already in May! I don’t know about you, but I love when a new month starts on a Monday. Yesterday was a productive day full of planning, organizing, goal setting, & scheduling – essentially all of my favorite things!
12. I posted a carousel on IG on May 1st featuring a quote that said, “if we believe there is no magic in life, then we’ll never experience it..however, the opposite is also true, if we believe in magic, we’ll experience it around every corner”. As someone who fully believes in the magic of life, I think this is a great reminder that it’s up to us to go out & find it. Because it’s there!
That’s all for today friends, thanks for reading! Back to “cleansing” I go – 6 days left!
I’ll see you next Tuesday for another 12 Things!