12 Things Tuesday – a weekly peek into my life!
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! We spent it in Florida with my husbands family & had a wonderful time! The photo above is from one of our evening walks. Gorgeous, right?! Today I’m back again with another 12 Things Tuesday! I know we’re only two weeks in to this series but I’m really enjoying these, I hope you are too!
12 Things Tuesday
1. Devin & I spent the last 5 days in Florida with his family for Easter & we had the best time! Today we are heading over to Fort Lauderdale to visit my family now, which will be great because Devin hasn’t seen my family for a year which is crazy!! Our travel plans worked out great, because I’ll be flying to Puerto Rico this Friday for a Beautycounter trip & then re-joining my family & Devin Sunday night!
2. On Friday, we went out on a boat & saw dolphins! It was INCREDIBLE! I had never seen dolphins in the “wild”, let alone that close! Apparently they like to play in the wake the boat creates, so they were literally right behind us! It was truly spectacular to see. My sister in law & I just kept screaming haha! You may have seen the video if you follow me on IG!
3. Speaking of IG, I did a Q&A box last week & decided to answer a few questions here! Someone asked how old I am – I am 28! I’ll be turning 29 this October! Someone else asked, what my business background was prior to Beautycounter. After college, my now-husband started to play professional basketball overseas & since I knew I wanted to travel with him as much as possible, I didn’t opt for a traditional job out of college. Instead I worked in the service industry while we were home during the off seasons. I worked at a country club in New Hampshire up until the end of 2019 & then from 2020 on, I’ve been self employed, which is crazy!
4. The past two nights, we watched American Idol – did anyone else? Devin & I enjoyed watching 2 seasons ago but haven’t watched it until this past week. I was fun to watch! I’m thinking that I’ll watch this season!
5. The other day when I was shopping with my mother & sister in law, I saw this amazing dress that just screamed Puerto Rico! Seriously. After I tried it on, they convinced me I needed it for my upcoming trip & I couldn’t resist. I am SO excited to wear it. It’s such a statement piece & I can’t wait to post photos!
6. I had the most delicious smoothie on Saturday. It was peach, pear, apricot, spinach, cucumber, & mint & wow, was it SO good. It was the best smoothie I’ve had in a long time. The flavor combination was just so refreshing on a hot Florida day.
7. Any Love is Blind fans here? LOL! What a disaster this season is. I haven’t yet caught up on the latest batch of episodes but am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. It’s just so bad but so entertaining. Also, poor Marshall. If you know you know haha. As of right now, I’d be shocked if any couples, other than Tiffany & Brett say yes.
8. OMG the AGOLDE jean shorts that I FINALLY bought after eyeing them for a solid year are SOO worth it. I really think they are the most flattering jean shorts ever. So comfortable, the perfect denim wash, the perfect length, just so so worth it. They are definitely pricy for a pair of shorts, but after owning them, I couldn’t recommend them more. I have been so tired of buying cheaper shorts & not loving them, so I’m really happy that I invested in a really great pair. I can confidently say, these are 100% worth the price tag.
9. Two products that I have been obsessed with this past week is the Beautycounter Brightening Oil & the Beauty By Earth Tanning Face Mist. Obviously I’ve been in Florida & I feel like I have a solid tan happening & it’s not natural haha. It’s 100% thanks to Beauty by Earth self tanner on my body & my Tanning Mist on my face. After I apply my Tanning Face Mist, I press a few drops of the Brightening Oil onto my skin for some extra radiance & hydration. It’s the perfect glowy combo. My code MADI12 will save you $$ on any Beauty by Earth self tanning product!
10. Marshmallow peeps – you either love them or you don’t. I LOVE them. Like actually love them. And had more than I’d like to share publicly HA. It was my yearly dose of high fructose corn syrup, among other ingredients that I’d rather not think about, & 100% worth it. Balance, baby.
11. Another purchase that I am very pleased with is the bathing suit I bought from Skatie! See my Skatie favorites on LTK here! I put a question box on my IG stories last month for swim suit suggestions for someone with a smaller chest & got a ton of great recommendations. Skatie was a brand that was already on my list & I bought this top & these bottoms. I’m so pleased & can’t wait to try more from their brand! I also got a lilac suit from a brand called Youswim! I like that one too but really love the Skatie suit.
12. It was chilly yesterday in Florida, so when we got back to Devin’s parents house from an early dinner, Devin & I sat in the hot tub for a bit. Devin & I love to joke with each other. We joke a lot haha. I always ask Devin if he was the Bachelor, would he give me his final rose. Big Bachelor fan over here! Devin, not so much. Anyways, we were laughing because I said I felt like we were on a hot tub date, like they’ve shown a million times on the show. After this “date” he said he wished me the best. Apparently I asked too many questions haha. But seriously, as a Bachelor fan, I don’t know how they do it!
Alright friends! That’s all for today, we’re heading to Fort Lauderdale today & then I’m heading to Puerto Rico on Friday!
I’ll see you next Tuesday for another 12 Things!
Leave a Reply