Welcome to my new weekly series: 12 Things Tuesday! Inspired by Amber Fillerup!
Happy April friends!! It’s been a while since I’ve maintained a consistent blogging schedule. My blog was my top priority for years, but as my business with Beautycounter has grown, I’ve chosen to focus more of my efforts on building that part of my work. However, I really am looking forward to finding a balance here on the blog & committing to a regular weekly posting schedule like I did for years!
So onto the title of this post – 12 Things Tuesday! At least for April, May, & June, I want to commit to at least posting a 12 things post to give you a little weekly peek into my life, thoughts, what I’m loving, fun updates, etc., in addition to the other things I post. The idea isn’t original…I have to rightfully give credit to Amber Fillerup, who I’ve loved & have enjoyed following for many years now! She started doing this series for her email list a few months ago & I always look forward to what she shares.
So consider this a fun way for you to get to know me even more! I’ll be sharing 12 random things every Tuesday at least for a few months! I’m excited!
12 Things Tuesday
1. The start of a new month aways gets me so excited. This is the second year that I’ve used Plum Paper to create a custom planner. I recommend them to everyone! I sit down at the beginning of every month & write out any important dates, birthdays, due dates for bills, work meetings, etc.! And then I go in with my highlighters & color code everything. It’s the little things haha. If there’s any other planner obsessed people out there, you get it!
2. Last week we got home from Norway after what seemed like the longest travel day. Not only that but my 2 checked bags didn’t make my connection, so I received those a few days after we got home – thankfully! I always look forward to restocking my kitchen after being away, so Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods are two of my first stops pretty much always! I actually hadn’t been in my Trader Joe’s for maybe 5 months? I forgot how amazing it is. Devin was in Norway for a handful of months before I went over & while he’s away, I don’t need to cook as much as when he’s home, so I was just doing my personal grocery shopping at Whole Foods. But wow, I do love Trader Joe’s. Devin was excited too because I got him some Strawberry Mochi, which became an obsession of his while in Norway!
3. Speaking of cooking, I’m excited to try a new recipe tonight for dinner! I opened up Pinterest on a whim as I was making my grocery list because I needed one more idea for a dinner & this specific recipe was right there & it looked delicious! It’s a recipe for Firecracker Chicken Meatballs with Cilantro Coconut Pineapple Rice by Crowded Kitchen! I’ve been on a huge cilantro kick lately & bought a lot last week that I needed to use up before we head off again tomorrow to Florida!
4. I booked the longest possible flights to Florida for tomorrow haha! We’re going to be spending time with both Devin’s parents & my parents in Florida this month, which we’re super excited about. However, I had originally planned for just me because we thought Devin would still be in season. But since his team lost early, he was able to come home & now we both are going to Florida. So I had to rearrange my flights & I had a lot of details to consider, making our flight into Punta Gorda much longer than we’d like, but oh well!
5. I gave my nails a little refresh today. Gosh I love my press ons much. After struggling with Dyshidrotic Eczema, my real nails are far from pretty. One of my girlfriends told me that when your cuticles are gone, it creates nail ridges, which I have. And that makes perfect sense because the eczema ate away my cuticles on my left hand. Sorry for the visual lol. So although they are slowly, emphasis on slowly, getting better, I’m still a little self conscious about them & have come to love the look of wearing my Red Aspen press ons. They are so easy to apply (once you get the hang out of it) & they really last! An average set for me lasts about 12 days!
6. In Beautycounter world, we just launched brand new Highlighter Balms & gosh, they are stunning!! I have a full review coming soon, but until then, check them out here! Also I posted a reel today swatching them!
7. Tonight I am speaking on a call for a fellow Beautycounter leader’s team & I’m super excited! I love anytime I get to work my public speaking (it’s on Zoom lol) muscle. Prior to Beautycounter, I had always despised public speaking, so I love showing myself that I can do it & I’m grateful for the many opportunities I’ve had so far to speak publicly to various audience sizes. Last summer I spoke to a group of over 700 eek!
8. Update on the Florida flights for tomorrow! After a last minute plea from Devin, I decided to see if I could change our flights for tomorrow & we were able to! It’s SUCH a better flight schedule & I was able to get the last 2 tickets for Devin & I! Yay! I started reading my first Colleen Hoover book on the flight home from Norway, so I’m excited to hopefully finish it!
9. The day leading up to a longish trip (today) always leaves me feeling a little frantic thinking about everything that needs to get done before we head off. Somehow, someway, it all always gets done but there are moments that make me question whether or not it will haha!
10. I’ve been using a really cool red light facial device that Beautycounter gifted me last month & I think I love it! I want to do a blog post on it for sure. The brand is called Solawave & now that I’ve started to use it, I’ve been seeing the brand everywhere! The tool supposedly helps with promoting smooth, healthy skin, decreases puffiness, boosts radiance, helps increase the absorption of skincare, & reduce redness. Plus! The red light therapy helps to deeply rejuvenate skin & impove the appearance & vibrance of the skin! Like I said, I think I’m a fan!
11. I got a few new items for Florida that I cannot wait to wear! Be sure to follow me either on IG or LTK to stay in the loop! I’ve been having a lot of fun posting on LTK lately! And I LOVE seeing what you buy!
12. I love ending my day with a little something sweet & tonight I don’t have anything haha! Usually my sweet of choice is a piece of Hu Kitchen dark chocolate. My typical go-to flavor is the Cashew Butter + Orange Vanilla Dark Chocolate. It is SO good & I finished my most recent bar last night! 🙁
Okay that’s all for me today! I’ll see you next Tuesday for another 12 Things Tuesday!