10 Things That Brought Me Joy This Week: 2
It’s October, which means it’s time for another 10 things post! These posts are just a reminder to appreciate what’s in front of us, acknowledge the things that bring a smile to our faces, & to be grateful for ALL the things – both big & little! They all matter! Below is my list! If you would like to check out last month’s 10 things list, you can read it here!
Here’s My 10 Things
1. Apple Picking – Well really, anything Fall related, just sign me up! On Monday, Devin & I went apple picking & it definitely brought a smile to my face. 🙂
2. Baking – I LOVE baking! This week I made a delicious vegan/gluten free apple crisp, with my fresh, picked apples – I’ll be sharing that recipe in a few days! I also made Kale Junkie’s Zucchini Pumpkin bars & they turned out amazing! They’re already gluten free & I just subbed a flax-egg to make them vegan! SO tasty!
3. Giving back – This week, I joined a great group of bloggers over on IG to giveaway $500 in Paypal cash. There were a ton of entries & a few amazing women who shared what they’d do with the money. It made me feel really good about potentially helping brighten someone’s day with $500!
4. Cute local lunch spots – After apple picking, Devin & I met up with his mom for lunch & it was such a wonderful afternoon. We ate at a cute spot called the Restoration Cafe in Manchester, NH & it’s amazing! Gluten free & vegan = a dream restaurant for me! I love when I can actually order something off the menu when eating out haha!
5. Connection – One of my former teammates (S/O Tas) put me in contact with this amazing woman who is the founder of an incredible all-natural skincare brand & it just so happens that she’s is coming to Manchester this week! We’re having a meeting tonight & I’m attending an event tomorrow with her! Super exciting!
Related: 10 Tips for Practicing Gratitude
6. Alter Eco Organic Dark Chocolate – Get it at Whole Foods. Flavor – Deep Dark Quinoa Crunch (red packaging)…it’s vegan & gluten free, no nasty additives like soy lecithin – thank me later, it’s AMAZING!
7. Himalayan Salt Lamp – After months of not using my salt lamp, I finally stuck it on my nightstand & I’ve used it every single night for about 2 weeks! It helps with air purification, creating negative ions which is great because we’re on overload of positive ions due to over-doing it on screen time, & it counters electromagnetic radiation! Sign me up! I definitely think it helps me relax & it’s just so beautiful to look at!
8. Singing in my car – I’ve literally loved to sing since I was little & it brings me SO much joy. Call me crazy, but I sing in my car every day. It makes me SO happy & is definitely a form of therapy in my opinion. Music is amazing.
9. My Mini Cinnamon Broom – You can find them at Trader Joe’s! They’re pine straws covered in cinnamon oil & it smells amazing & it’s in the shape of a little broom head – super cute! Mine is hanging right next to my desk & cinnamon brings in good fortune in business & money, so sign me up haha! Regardless, I love it & you should definitely go get one at your nearest TJs, plus the mini one is only 99 cents!
10. Wearing this dress from American Eagle – my ideal color for fall, flowy & SO comfy! Shop it HERE & it’s on sale for only $23.98!
What brought YOU joy this week! I’d love to hear below!