Current favorites #2 – Sharing what I’ve been loving when it comes to summer beauty products, comfy sneakers, podcasts, books, health trends, & more!
I’m SO excited to announce that this is my 100th post on Everyday with Madi Rae! I really can’t believe it, it feels like yesterday that I just sent out my first post on a site that looked much different than this one. It’s been so fulfilling to see this blog grow & I SO appreciate any support. Just the time alone, you take to read any or all of my posts, means so much to me & my developing business! So with that said! I wanted to do a roundup of what I’ve been enjoying this summer with all of my current favorites!
I for one, really enjoy favorites posts because I love seeing everything all at once & who doesn’t enjoy seeing new products or hearing about new things! Especially in the health & wellness segment of this post, I’m introducing some things that I’m new to, but am really excited to explore this summer! Keep on reading to find out what I’m talking about!
I’m also sharing some great podcast episodes, a book I just finished, some great summer beauty & skincare products, my favorite sneakers, entertaining YouTube channels, & more!
So let’s get right into it! And thank you again for reading my blog – here’s to the next 100 posts!! 🙂
- ROSE WATER – Rose water is an all year round essential for me, but SO refreshing in the hot summer months!
- STELLAR LIQUID EYELINER – The. BEST. Liquid. Eyeliner. You can read my complete review on it HERE!
- SANRE ORGANICS FACE & NECK SERUM – Such a great serum from SanRe, it’s really helping my skin as it’s healing from my pretty intense hormonal acne outbreaks. Great ingredients to prevent scarring as well!
- PHYSICIANS FORMULA MINERAL FACE POWDER – I love to wear lighter makeup in the summer months & this talc-free pressed powder has been a favorite of mine for years! Gives such a beautiful & natural finish!
There’s been a handful of fashion posts on the blog within the past month! I shared what I’m loving from AERIE, the cutest summer sandals, & tons of the prettiest summer accessories! But one other thing I’ve been LIVING in since I got them have been my allbirds!!
- allbirds TREE RUNNERS – I’m obsessed with these shoes, & I wear them with everything! The brand is sustainable, the fit is so comfortable & the colors are the coolest! I have them in the Kauri Coffee color, which is the first one shown below!
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- SEED CYCLING – This month, I’m diving right into something called Seed Cycling which is basically syncing your cycle to 4 different types of seeds in order to achieve hormonal balance. I will be doing a full blog post on seed cycling probably after a month or so of consistently doing it! Seed cycling is something I’m really excited about, so I can’t wait to share my results!
- LUNETTE MENSTRUAL CUP – I LOVE my cup…is that weird? I switched over to using a menstrual cup about two months ago & I couldn’t be happier with my decision to do so. It just makes me feel so good that I’m reducing waste & doing my body a favor every month by not using feminine hygiene products loaded with artificial dyes, chemicals, & pesticides! Read more about my experience switching over to using a menstrual cup HERE!
- SPIRULINA – Spirulina has been my go-to lately in regards to smoothie add-ins! It’s incredible! Did you know Spirulina is one of the highest forms of plant-based protein that one can consume? So not only is it full of plant-based protein, but it’s also full of chlorophyll, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, as well as, so many vitamins & nutrients!
- FOOD COMBINING – I’ve slowly begun to introduce some food combining principles into my diet & I swear it’s really been making a difference in the way I feel & my digestion. More info to come on this one because I’m by no means an expert, but I’ve just been doing fruit in the mornings on an empty stomach or blended with leafy greens like spinach, & I feel like it’s working really well for me!
- WHAT WE DON’T SAY – Cultivating Trust, Intuition, & Acceptance with Alison Wu – Blogger & content creator, Alison Wu, openly shares how she deals with perfectionism, the unknown future, & the many pressures women face!
- THE MIMIBEE PODCAST – Melissa Wood Health On Becoming The Person You’re Meant To Be, Meditation, Healing From Disordered Eating, The Workout That’ll Bring You Long Lean Lines – More Melissa Wood Health, because I’m obsessed! I shared two other podcasts she did in my last favorites post!
- ON PURPOSE – Gisele Bündchen: ON Being Kinder To Yourself – I’ve listened to this one multiple times…it’s so good, even if you aren’t a Gisele fan! Such a great message!
- KUWTK – I have been a Day 1 lover of the Kardashians & I have NO shame haha! Season 16 just came to a close on Sunday & it was electrifying…but really, I love this show, I’ve never missed an episode since I was in 6th grade LOL! I already can’t wait for next season!
- BACHELORETTE – Again, big bachelor fan here, I can’t help myself! I am liking this season way more than expected but I’m NOT happy with how it all plays out. Of course I already know the spoilers, but that doesn’t mean you won’t find me not watching every Monday night!
- IMPOSTERS – This is on Netflix & it’s definitely entertaining & addictive. Season 1 was much better than Season 2 in my opinion, but definitely a good show to say the least!
- LESSONS by Gisele Bündchen – I read this on vacation in St. Lucia, & I have to say I really really enjoyed it. I’m definitely a fan of Gisele & the way she lives her life & was really looking forward to buying & reading this book. It definitely lived up to its expectations!
- THINK & GROW RICH by Napolean Hill – My current read! It came highly recommended!
- PICK UP LIMES – AMAZING vegan meal inspo!!!
- PAYTON SARTAIN – Payton was one of the first bloggers I started following & she’s still one of my favorites!
- ROMEE STRIJD – Romee is a Victoria Secret Angel & her channel is the cutest & so lighthearted!
POPULAR BLOG POSTS LAST MONTH
- 2019 READING LIST
- COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
- DO YOU NEED AN ARMPIT DETOX?
- LIQUID CHLOROPHYLL BENEFITS
- HOW TO SET DAILY INTENTIONS
If you enjoy posts like these, be sure to check out my favorites post from the beginning of the year! I like the idea of doing these posts every 6 months or so!
What are you loving lately? Let me know in the comments below!