2019 Reading List
One of my 2019 New Year’s Resolutions is to make time & an actual effort to read! I could say make time to read more, but if I’m being completely honest, I barely read actual books so any reading would be considered an improvement. I want to actually commit to this & try to READ & FINISH 12 books this year. 1 per month…ideally. I wanted to put together this 2019 Reading List for any women out there looking for the best books to read this year. Because if you too find yourself with a goal of reading more, or if you already have a love of reading, you just might be in need of some book inspiration!
I’ve finished 3 books within the past year, this month included LOL! Early in 2018, I read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe & Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant in one night (seriously) this past October. I also recently finished Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis last week or so. Reading is enjoyable for me once I get into a groove, but like everyone, our days are filled with so many distractions that when we actually sit down to spend time reading, our minds start racing. And then comes the dreaded re-reading each page & paragraph over & over to actually understand what’s going on after the mindless thoughts.
Believe me, I know it all too well.
I also have a habit of starting a book & not finishing it at all. There’s this amazing & extremely informative book called Woman Code that I have, by Alisa Vitti, that I can’t seem to finish! I also need to re-read Eat Dirt again because I don’t think I was fully “present”.
We live in such a world consumed by technology, obviously. Everything revolves around the internet, phones, tablets, YOU KNOW! This had me even questioning why Barnes & Noble was still open. But then I went into an actual Barnes & Noble to get a new planner for 2019 before I left for Canada & I did not want to leave. The store was packed. I spent so much time looking through the shelves, at all the amazing books. I ended up purchasing Girl, Wash Your Face because I had heard so many great things about it, but in reality, I wanted to get about 7 more books I saw that day.
Books open a whole new world to readers. As clique as that may sound, there is something so captivating about quieting your mind & diving into a really good book. When I was in Barnes & Noble, I understood why it was still in business. There isn’t anything quite like holding an actual book & flipping through the pages. Now I say that with no Kindle experience, but I assume it’s just not the same.
Related: Taking Time To Disconnect
I truly want to accomplish my goal of reading & actually finishing a book each month this year. I read online all the time, but I want to expand my knowledge, vocabulary, & overall awareness, which I absolutely believe reading helps improve. Like I mentioned, I’ve finished Girl, Wash Your Face last week so that’s 1 book down. I’ve moved on to What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey for book #2. I’m actually almost half-way already…& I highly recommend. It’s a great read.
It took me a good amount of time putting together this reading list of 50 books. I scoured the New York Times Best Sellers, blogs, & recommendations I’ve seen on social media. I think this list really has something for every woman. There are inspirational books, health-conscious options, fiction, non-fiction, books on self-improvement & growth, women’s health, auto-biographies, & more! Some are newer releases, while others have been on the market for a while. Regardless, I would read every single book on this reading list, but for now, I’m just going to start with 12! 🙂
2019 Reading List
Each book title is clickable, if clicked, you will be re-directed to the book on Amazon.
- Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- What I Know For Sure – Oprah Winfrey
- Girl, Stop Apologizing – Rachel Hollis
- Judgement Detox – Gabrielle Bernstein
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- #GirlBoss – Sophia Amoruso
- 12 Rules for Life – Jordan B. Peterson
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- Lessons – Gisele Bündchen
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- You Are A Badass – Jen Sincero
- Think & Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz & Janet Mills
- Five Feet Apart – Rachel Lippincott
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- The Universe Has Your Back – Gabrielle Bernstein
- Just Jessie – Jessie James Decker
- The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin
- Feeding You Lies – Vani Hari
- Medical Medium – Anthony William
- Heal Your Body – Louise Hay
- Genius Foods – Max Lugavere & Paul Grewal M.D.
- How Not To Die – Michael Greger M.D. & Gene Stone
- I am Malala – Malala Yousafzai
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
- Untethered Soul – Michael A. Singer
- The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch
- Our Year of Maybe – Rachel Lynn Solomon
- Again, But Better – Christine Riccio
- The Water Cure – Sophie Mackintosh
- Sugar Run – Mesha Maren
- The Art of Simple Living – Shunmyo Masano
- Trust Exercise – Susan Choi
- Do Less Get More – Shaa Nasmund
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Chemistry of Calm – Henry Emmons
- Eat Dirt – Dr. Josh Axe
- The Dream Daughter – Diane Chamberlain
- No One Ever Asked – Katie Ganshert
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office – Lois P. Frankel
- Miracles Now – Gabrielle Bernstein
- Designing Your Life – Bill Burnett
- Woman Code – Alisa Vitti
- Grit: The Power of Passion & Perseverance – Angela Duckworth
- Still I Rise – Marlene Wagman-Geller
- Own Your Glow – Latham Thomas
- The Body Book – Cameron Diaz
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path – Erin Loechner
- Grace, Not Perfection – Emily Ley
Have you heard of any of these or have any favorites I mentioned?
I would love to hear any good books you are reading or have read in the comments below! And I hope this list of 50 amazing books to read in 2019 has inspired you to pick up a good book & find time to quiet down your mind!
On a side note, I will be releasing my first monthly newsletter tomorrow! I would love to have you be apart of it…if you are already subscribed, you will be automatically added to the newsletter mailing list! And I promise NO spam! One email a month! If you want to receive the newsletter, I would love to have you, just subscribe on the sidebar (on desktop) or below (on mobile).